Goddess of death Kali batik Deity Wall hanging tapestry India Décor 41" X 31"
- Ex Tax: $13.95
- Brand: Rainbow handicraft
- Product Code: B211
- Price in reward points: 15
This beautiful batik tapestry displays an image of the Hindu goddess kali. Kali, also known as Kalika is a Hindu goddess associated with death and destruction. The name Kali means "black", but has by folk etymology come to mean "force of time (kala)". Despite her negative connotations, she is today considered the goddess of time and change. Although sometimes presented as dark and violent, her earliest incarnation as a figure of annihilation still has some influence. More complex Tantric beliefs sometimes extend her role so far as to be the "ultimate reality" or Brahman. She is also revered as Bhavatarini (literally "redeemer of the universe"). Comparatively recent devotional movements largely conceive Kali as a benevolent mother goddess.
What is batik ?
- Batik is an intricate "wax resist" process. First, the design is sketched with a pencil and the cloth is stretched on a frame. Then melted wax is painted by hand onto areas where color is not desired. When the fabric is crumpled into the dying solution, the wax cracks, creating an attractive network of fine lines. The wax is removed and the process is repeated for each color utilized.
- Size : Approximately 31" wide x 41" long Inch.
- Material used : cotton fabric , batik natural color
- open from ages, not hammed. so buyer can adjust according to their requirement.
- Beautiful wax batik Work by Hand
- Represents the True Art
- its can be unique gift for someone.
we will ship via India post register Air mail - which take around 15-20 days for USA, UK, Canada, Australia , so please wait.
for more inquire us.